PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Marriott Residence Inn - Flagstaff, AZ

When I arrived to the Marriott Residence the lobby appeared typical of a family hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised at the size of my room.  It was a big room for one person on a solo trip.  The studio room had a full "L shaped" couch, Fireplace, standard TV, nice little kitchen and desk area for working.  I could have comfortably fit a family of four.  The weather outside in February was absolutely FREEZING so I didn't go in search for the pool facilities and my trip had me there for other reasons than play. 
My first morning I woke up and took a quick little walk over to the Lobby where a full, hot breakfast was available to guests.  This was not just a couple grab and go items, but they had cereal, fresh oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, all sorts of breads, fruits and a buffet with hot sausage, eggs, etc.  To wash it down there was hot coffee, milk and assorted juices.  Plenty of nice seating and as I watched a few families gather in the dining area, it made me miss my family. 

I drove around town and spent a day in Winslow, AZ and a trip to the Meteor Crater (blog coming soon on that one) and several other natural sites that I found very interesting and fun!  I also realized how close I was to the Grand Canyon and had I taken the trip as a family we could of easily spent the day there and returned to the hotel in Flagstaff.

If your needing a nice hotel for you or your family, the Marriott Residence is a good place to stay for the price.  There's nothing fancy about it, but it covers the basics if your wanting a full kitchen, breakfast provided and a nice staff.  I had even forgot my shaver and toothpaste and they happily brought me some.

TIP: The hotel is laid out "Condo style", one room up and one down.  If you'd rather not do Stairs, request a downstairs room and it's much nicer.  The parking is also great and right in front of your room...no walking! 

Activities and lodging for kids around Grand Canyon on Trekaroo:
ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment