PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Holiday Inn Express - Goodland, Kansas (A renewed love for Holiday Inn)

What's in Goodland, Kansas? Well, a whole lot of nothing, but we were on a trip to visit family and this City was in our itinerary and thank goodness for the new Holiday Inn Express! This hotel almost seems like a diamond in the rough if you’re driving through Northwest Kansas. A few other hotels in this ghost town have come and gone, leaving just a couple to choose from.

It has been years since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn and I didn't recall any fond memories of them in the past. I was more than impressed with the new simple, yet stylish decor and clean atmosphere the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites offer. I had no idea that they were in the midst of revitalizing the hotel chain by remodeling with significant changes both inside and out of their over 3,200 hotels across the World. To find one, simply look for their newly updated, hip logo on the outside of the hotel and this is signifies the updates have been made.

Our room was spacious with a King size bed and couch that pulled out into another bed. I was traveling with my parents so the couch was mine for the night and it was decent for a pull out, although I was envious of their plush looking comforter and mattress they got to sleep on. The room had a nice little sink area with a microwave and small fridge, perfect for keeping our drinks cold. There was also a nice flat screen TV and a desk area for your computer.

To my surprise I hadn't noticed when I pre-booked the hotel that there was a morning breakfast provided. My dad just about jumped for joy when he saw his favorite - Biscuits and Gravy available along with the eggs, bagels, breads, cereals, cinnamon rolls, and fruits. I didn't expect much out of this Holiday Inn when I booked it online and the breakfast was fresh and an added bonus I hadn’t planned on.

Our stay was a brief one night, but it has made me reconsider future stays in the Holiday Inn Express hotels. Their efforts in creating a fresh, clean updated hotel has quickly put them back into my books as a good hotel chain. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn if you’re on the road through Kansas and have to make a stop in Goodland (Just a three hour drive East of Denver, Colorado) ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment