PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Be a Tourist in your City - From a NEW view!


I have taken a couple of helicopter tours during my travels and they never cease to amaze me - but never did I consider what the amazing view above my own City might be.  My husband bugged me to go up for a ride a few months ago and he finally convinced me to go.  He booked me a ride with Hammer Helicopters in Olympia, and the day I went up turned out to be a beautiful Spring day. 

I was a tourist in my own City, viewing sites many locals have probably never seen.  I felt like a bird as we flew over the local shopping centers, my children's school and even my own house.  The pilot was great to take me where ever I desired and we were able to see everything I wanted in a half hour flight.

If you live in a City with a small airport then you're more than likely to find a company willing to take you up for a site seeing tour. Helicopter flights are not known for being the cheapest way to travel, but I have always found them to be worth the ride.  Be sure to bring a camera, tell your pilot where you'd like to go and in many cases you can even request the doors off if your daring enough, and it's better for photos.
ShareThis

2 comments:

trip styler said...

sometimes we forget that our own cities have so much to offer. the other day I went to an amazing art gallery in my hometown of Vancouver, BC and felt like a tourist--it was awesome.

Travelers Barista said...

Thanks Trip Styler...and I'll be in Vancouver as a tourist in YOUR town in August! Can't wait to get back there, it's been several years and I love Vancouver!

Post a Comment